Earthfall offer higher level participation opportunities for Universities and Higher Education. The company members and tutor team encourage a professional environment, giving participants a glimpse into life as a professional dancer.
Participants are encouraged to engage in tasks that will stretch and encourage their professional development. These participation opportunities can exist as a stand-alone workshop linking into core modules, as part of professional development or in conjunction with our current production exploring the themes and choreographic tools used in the rehearsal process.
All Education and Participation experiences are tailored through an open dialogue between the company and hosting organisation to ensure that the participants receive the highest quality of creative exploration and experience.
• Half and full day workshops.
• Seminars and lecture demonstrations.
• INSET training days, and professional development workshops.
• Post-performance discussions.
In addition to our standard dance and physical theatre workshops, content can include live music, video and projection work, text, voice and movement training, and character based work. Residencies also provide opportunities for groups to create and present in-house performances open to the public. Examples of Earthfall workshops and residencies can be found in Participate Photo.
Each of the participation experiences provides participants with:
• Key and transferable skills.
• Developed self and peer evaluation.
• Developed individual strengths; confidence and self-discipline.
• Developed multi-disciplined approach to creative thinking and practice.
• An understanding of health and well being through participation.
• Knowledge and understanding of movement techniques.
• Devising and sharing combined with analytical application.
See images from lecture demonstration here.
For further information on University and Higher Education opportunities please contact: Helen Di Duca, Education, Participation Officer
(T): 02920 221314
Back To Top »